Hollywood is actually one of the dream destinations of a large number of aspiring artists. It is the best place for a large number of people who are seeking a name, fame, fortune for decades. We are here providing 7 rarest facts about Hollywood which you surely never knew
- The name Hollywood actually started with an opening studio in a ranch named Hollywood. This studio was actually owned by Harvey and Daeida Wilcox which is now serving as an entertainment hub for a large number of aspiring artists.
- The movie theaters in the Hollywood were entirely banned till the year 1910. There were no movie theaters till date. The first ever movie of Hollywood was actually created in the year 1910. The name of the movie was “In Old California” which was actually a 17 minutes short film. It was actually a silent movie by D.W. Griffith who later produced one of the blockbuster movies of Hollywood “Birth of a Nation”.
- The first ever talkie or the movie with the sound was directed by Alan Crosland. The movie was named as “The Jazz Singer” starring Al Johnson and May McAvoy. The Jazz Singer was released in the year 1927 which actually started a new era of movies with the sounds. The length of the movie was also increased by a few times; it was an 89 minutes classic story which was also considered as one of the costliest movies at that time. It takes about $42,200 as production charges including the fees of all the people linked to it.
- The first ever working studio of Hollywood was established after the restrictions got evolved from the establishing studios in the United States in the year 1911. The studio was actually set up at 6121 Sunset Blvd. by the Centaur Co. of New Jersey. The studio was actually rented a house by the side of a road. The first ever studio of Hollywood was established by the four trade soap salesmen from Ohio who are actually brothers by the relation in the year 1918. The studio was named as “Warner Brothers” which was further renamed to Hollywood later.
- The sign and logo of HOLLYWOOD came into existence in the year 1923. It was actually an initiation by a real estate agent named Harry Chandler who wanted to advertise his properties in the locality. It costs about $21,000 to raise the sign HOLLYWOODLAND which was later changed to HOLLYWOOD in the year 1949. A special trust has been set up in the year 1995 to look after the landmark.
- “Pirates of the Caribbean” is the costliest Hollywood movie till date. The movie was picturized in the direction of Gore Verbinski which includes Jonny Depp was in the lead role. The movie was released in the year 2007 all across the United States.
- Oscar: One of the most awaited, and popular annual Academy Awards were first initiated in 1925. The celebrations were attended by 270 people where only 15 different awards were distributed.